Welcome to ECS Colchester website.
The choice to begin counselling is usually a difficult one as we face various issues of life daily. You may be experiencing depression or Anxiety, or know someone who is. Are you unhappy and struggling to find an identity that you feel it’s yours? Or perhaps you have suffered abuse, loss or bereavement; or feel angry all the time or have low self-esteem and/or have difficulties in your relationship, or at the workplace. Do you have mood swings or hear voices telling you to self-harm or hurt the people around you? Could it be that you are going through a major life transitions, chronic illness or mental health condition and need a space to air your thoughts with someone rather than the usual chat with a friend or family member.
*Why not send an email, text or call for a brief chat to discuss how we can work together.
“… in agency or organisation practice, some kinds of psychological help will be free at the point of access for some clients with some kinds of psychological problems, the interventions offered will be limited in type, timing and location, and will not be available to all ... (Wallace, 2015).
But you might find using a counsellor in private practice beneficial in that you get to choose
- your counsellor.
- the counselling approach based on the counsellor's modality.
- the location to ensure that it is suitable for you.
- the number of sessions you require.
- the time that best suits you.
- more importantly, private practice offers increased confidentiality as your attendance and mental health issues will not be recorded by the NHS or educational establishments.
“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”